Friday, January 21, 2011

Insurance

Things are looking promising.  We have been in contact with the new insurance company and we might get the approval just in time to get the medications ordered for a February cycle.  I really don't want to wait another month when I've already been waiting this long.

I'm so torn about whether or not to tell my friends and family that we are doing IVF.  Some of them don't even know that we did IVF the first time.  Really, I'm most concerned with telling my in-laws.  My father-in-law is a pastor and I'm just not sure what he and my mother-in-law would think of it all.  Then again, I feel like...if I can't tell them, then do I feel that there's something wrong with it?  I honestly don't.  I plan to use whatever embryos we create...whether I have them implanted now or freeze them for later.  I've started another blog and moved all my blog entries going back to 2007.  I'm considering merging it with this one, but I'm just not sure yet!!

:/

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to give my two cents on whether to tell or not to tell. Tell whom you feel will be supportive of the process and whom will comfort you if it doesn't work.

    When we went through our IVF cycle, we only told my family and 2 very close friends. I didn't want to have to tell tons of people it was negative and frankly most people are so uneducated about the process that I didn't feel like explaining it over & over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to agree with the previous comment. You need people who are supportive and will be there to listen. I only told a few about my cycle too. That's why it was good having the online support because I could speak with other ladies experiencing the same thing as me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so true that people are uneducated about the IVF process. I suppose it's no fault of theirs - I was uneducated about it too - until I needed it! Thanks for your support. :)

    ReplyDelete