Thursday, May 7, 2009

Well now! What am I gonna do with all these?

I had my 2nd monitoring appointment this morning. I have taken 7 days of Gonal-f and apparently, it's working. I have a dozen on the right and a baker's dozen on the left all measuring 16-17mm...wow. The tech put the ultrasound wand in and said, "You are doing IVF, right?" I said yes and she said that was very good. She started on the left and told me it might take a while because she thought there were about 6 and she needed to measure all of them. Mind you, the left side was the one I was told was smaller on Monday.

::waiting::

::waiting::

I say, "Are you still on the same side?" She laughed and said she was. A little while longer and she said, "Well, you're going to have more than 6 because I already measured 12 on that side." I told her that I have been starting to feel funny when I sit down and she raised her eyebrows and said, "Mmm, I'll bet.", while looking at the screen.

Then she said, "Okay, let's take a look at the right....oh wow, this will take a while too." I lay there, she's scanning and clicking and printing... Finally, she turns the screen to show me and I said, "Wow, there is no ovary left, it's all follicles!" She said everything looked really good. Once everything was done I asked her how many total and she told me 12 on the left, 13 on the right all around 16-17mm. My uterine lining has gone from 8mm on Monday to 11.5mm today.

I'm so excited! I think I'm responding a bit fast to the stimulating...since today will only be stim day 8...but everyone is different. Waiting to hear about the bloodwork results this afternoon. That should be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure they are having me trigger tonight (Friday). Retrieval will be on Mother's Day! How about you??

    ReplyDelete